Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2023

Baya Weaver nesting

 During lockdown 2020, I got a great opportunity to stay in my hometown, spend time in my village and our farm. One evening while exploring nearby farm I saw group of baya weavers trying to build nest and I always wanted to capture them building the nest, sitting inside the nest- hanging , flying carrying the grass and their other behaviour during nest building. I decided to use this opportunity to capture and had by camera luckily. It was in abandoned well and I realised if i approach them cautiously I could get good photos. Took my camera and went near , initially birds were flying away seeing me. I wanted to gain their confidence that am not harmful for them, eventually I did gain their confidence, I used to sit there for long doing nothing so that they won’t feel am harmful. Glad that weavers felt comfortable and gave me opportunity to make these images. 

More luck for me, after few days saw one more group trying to build nest in coconut tree. Approaching for coconut tree nest was bit easy as there was grown crops through which I could easily hide and click.

Let’s see the results!

First set from abandon well -












From coconut tree -














No comments:

Post a Comment